These travel conditions apply to all flights or segments of flights where the Cobrex Trans (CBX) carrier code appears in the box designated by the carrier on your ticket or in any other situation specified in the Travel Conditions. To obtain a free copy of Cobrex Trans’s Travel Conditions, you can go to www.cobrextrans.com.
1. BAGGAGE INFORMATION
1.1 HAND LUGGAGE
Every passenger is entitled to one hand baggage and one personal item. Maximum baggage weight is 7 kg. The dimensions of the hand luggage can not exceed 56 x 45 x 25 cm.
If your hand bag exceeds the dimensions or weight allowed in the cabin or in the case of a baby stroller/ wheelchair, the check-in agent will attach a special labeled tag “Delivery at Aircraft”. When boarding, hand it over to the agent before boarding the aircraft, and after landing you can pick it up at the aircraft stairs.
In addition to hand luggage, some of the following items are also allowed on board:
- briefcase or laptop
- blanket, coat or jacket, umbrella, handbag,
- reading and dictionaries / travel expressions, writing materials,
- small photo or video cameras, small Walkman, binoculars,
- baby car seat, baby food,
- any type of prostheses, dialysis medical equipment or any other medication the passenger is dependent on recommended by a health care professional.
ARTICLES PROHIBITED IN HAND LUGGAGE OR ON PASSENGER
- Weapons of any kind, including imitations and toys.
- Knives of any kind or size, regardless of the length of the blade.
- Razors, metal scissors, screwdrivers.
- Objects emitting gases or harmful substances.
- Rods with metal heads.
- Explosive or flammable substances.
- Baseball balls, golf clubs, billiard pins, ski sticks, icebreakers and other blunt objects.
- Screwdrivers of any kind.
- Knitting needles, bicycle chains.
These items should be removed from hand luggage and put in the checked-in luggage, otherwise they will be confiscated by airport security agents.
THE NEW EU SECURITY REGULATION ON LIQUID TRANSPORT IN THE HAND BAG
The European Union (EU) has adopted new safety rules that limit the amount of liquids you can carry in your hand baggage. These rules apply to all passengers departing from an EU airport, regardless of destination. Liquids should be packed in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 ml each. The maximum amount allowed is 1,000 ml (1 liter) per person. The containers should be packed in a transparent plastic re-sealable bag (approximate size 20cm x 20cm). The articles must be lightly enclosed in the bag and must be sealed. Every passenger has the right to transport only one such plastic bag of liquids. It is mandatory to present this package separately to the airport security check.
The following items can be transported outside above plastic package as hand baggage:
- Children’s liquid food or sterilized water (if the passenger travels with a baby or with a small child)
- Special Dietary Food (for example, for medical purposes)
- Medicines (for the entire trip, including stay at destination)
1.2 CHECKED-IN LUGGAGE
The maximum permissible baggage weight included in the ticket price is the total weight of the checked-in luggage which the passenger is entitled to carry on a flight without being charged additionally.
- 20 kg for economy class passengers
- 20 kg for children aged 2-12
- 10 kg for children / infants aged 0-2 years
- Baby strollers are transported free of charge.
If baggage exceeds the maximum permissible free weight, a surplus baggage fee must be paid. A bulky baggage is over 203 cm and/or 32 kg. If the passenger intends to carry a bulky luggage, he must advise this at the time of booking. There are certain limits for bulky luggage. If the baggage exceeds 45 kg per piece, the only way of transport is through air cargo.
ITEMS FORBIDDEN IN CHECKED LUGGAGE
- Items that could endanger the safety of the aircraft or passengers, as specified in the Dangerous Goods Technical Instructions issued by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as well as in our regulations.
- Items that are forbidden for transportation by laws, regulations, orders in force in any state to/from which you travel.
- Objects that are considered dangerous by us due to shape, volume or weight. Information about non-accepted objects can be provided on request.
- Radioactive materials
- Weapons and firearms, ammunition, other than hunting or sporting.
- Weapons and firearms and ammunition for hunting or sport shooting that can only be carried as checked luggage in accordance with our Transportation Rules. These must be dismantled in the components and packaged properly separated from the corresponding ammunition. The transport of ammunition is done in accordance with the ICAO and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. Weapons and ammunition must be declared at check-in.
- Panoply weapons, swords, daggers and similar items that can only be carried as checked luggage in accordance with our Transportation Rules. These must be declared at check-in.
- Household knives and similar items carried only as checked luggage in accordance with Our Transportation Rules. These items must be declared at check-in.
- You must not pack money, jewelry, precious metals, laptops, personal electronic items, important documents, papers, passports or other identity documents in your checked baggage. Failure to comply with this recommendation relieves us of responsibility for the loss, damage or destruction of the above-mentioned objects, produced during handling or transport.
1.3 EXCESS LUGGAGE
The surplus luggage charge applies to adults, children or infants if the luggage weight exceeds the maximum allowable luggage weight included in the ticket price. The surplus baggage is 10eur / kg.
1.4 PET TRANSPORT CONDITIONS
1.4.1 PET TRANSPORT CONDITIONS IN PASSENGER CABIN
Cobrex Trans does not accept pet transport (PETC) in the passenger cabin.
1.4.2 PET TRANSPORT CONDITIONS IN CARGO HOLD
Cobrex Trans does not accept pet transport in the cargo hold (AVIH).
1.5 SPORTS EQUIPMENT
Sports equipment accepted free of charge includes:
- ski equipment,
A pair of skis or snowboard are transported free of charge whether or not they exceed the maximum allowable weight included in the ticket price; for the second item, the surplus luggage charge will apply. Bicycle transport is free if it is within the maximum admissible weight included in the price ticket. (The excess baggage fee is 10eur / kg). Extensive sporting equipment is considered over 150cm in length and can be transported depending of the aircraft’s loading capacity. Large fishing tackles are included in the maximum admissible weight included in the ticket price, but if it is exceeded, the surplus baggage fee will apply. (The excess baggage fee is 10eur / kg) Other small sports equipment include: archery equipment, diving equipment, water skiing, small surf boards or bowling equipment. These items are included in the maximum admissible weight included in the ticket price, but if it is exceeded, the surplus baggage fee will apply. (The excess baggage fee is 10eur / kg)
2. UNACCOMPANIED MINOR (UMNR)
Children up to 12 years of age may travel unaccompanied by parents or guardians if:
- The parent or guardian advises this from the moment of booking the ticket and receives confirmation from the company
- The parent or guardian must fill in the special declaration form existing at the check-in desk.
- For children under the age of 5, an attendant is required with a full round trip ticked paid, or just one way according to the situation.
Children between the ages of 12 and 18 will be considered unaccompanied minors and treated as such only at the express request of the parent or guardian.
The extra fee for an unaccompanied minor is EUR 60 per segment. Our crew will handle the minor during the whole flight. At the destination, through ground escort agents, we will take care of the child until the person designated by the parents/guardians receives him in the airport. Children aged 2 to 5 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or under. Within the same family (mother, father, brother, sister) the accompanying person may be at least 16 years of age. Romanian citizens (regardless of their residence) aged between 2 and 18 can travel only if they meet the following conditions:
- be in possession of a notarized, authenticated statement from both parents that clearly states they agree to the minor’s travel
- Parents must fill in the special declaration form existing at the registration desk.
This form contains details of who will meet the child at destination, contact details in case of unexpected situations. If a Romanian citizen aged between 2 and 18 years travels with only one parent, the parent must be in possession of a certified notarial statement showing that the other parent agrees to minor’s trip accompanied only by the respective parent.
- We do not recommend air travel to women during the last seven days birth and during the first seven days after birth.
- Preterm newborns will not be accepted within the first seven days after birth unless the parents have previously obtained a medical exemption.
- We recommend healthy infants, if they were not born prematurely, to travel only after the first seven days of birth.
If on the date of the flight, outbound and inbound, the passenger has less than 28 weeks of pregnancy, she must have a medical certificate stating the probable date of birth. The certificate must be dated no more than 7 days prior to leaving Romania or the departure point country. If on the date of the flight, outbound and inbound, the passenger has between 28 and 35 weeks of pregnancy, she must present a certificate issued by the doctor, specifying the pregnancy week, the probable date of birth, and the medical condition allowing the air travel. The certificate must be dated no more than 7 days prior to leaving Romania or the departure point country.
Pregnant women in 36 weeks and after 36 weeks of pregnancy cannot travel, we are sorry to inform you but the passenger will not be accepted on board, so the return flight should be scheduled before the 36th week of pregnancy. In the case of multiple pregnancy – Women in 32 weeks and 32 weeks of pregnancy cannot travel, we are sorry to inform you but the passenger will not be accepted on board, therefore the return flight return should be scheduled before the 32-week pregnancy. In addition, a woman with advanced pregnancy (starting with pregnancy week 28) and a baby unaccompanied by another adult is not accepted. During check-in, the Passenger will be required to complete an Exoneration Document for Pregnant.
If a wheelchair is required for transport from the check-in desk to the aircraft or from the aircraft to the Arrivals Terminal of your destination, please inform us at the time booking. Note: The use of wheelchairs at the Airport or assistance by the airport agent will imply additional charge depending on the charges applied by each airport authority.
4.1 PASSENGER’S OWN WHEELCHAIR TRANSPORTATION
We can arrange the passenger’s wheelchair transportation on the same flight. We need previous information about the dimensions of your wheelchair, the weight and the type of battery (wet or dry – with liquid or solid content, or with gel) at the time of booking in order to plan the shipment so that the transport conditions are met. For a single wheelchair or other medical device per passenger, no excess baggage fee will be charged, without taking into account the maximum permissible baggage weight included in the ticket price. Note: Free wheelchair transport does not include airport assistance charges.
At the moment, stretchers are unavailable for installation onboard our aircraft.